It’s the new year and it’s time to sport a new you. If you’re one of the millions of people who promised to lose weight this year, then you should start by eating the good foods for weight loss. These are often called super foods since they are packed not just with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, but they also have the ability to fight and burn fats.
Now check your kitchen, make a list and make sure you have these foods within your reach the whole year.
- Now check your kitchen, make a list and make sure you have these foods within your reach the whole year.
- Eggs. They have been reputed to be loaded with cholesterol, but it’s just a myth. Studies show that having scrambled eggs in the morning helps regulate your blood sugar and curb your appetite throughout the day.
- High fiber cereal. Eating good foods for weight loss such as having a high-fiber cereal for breakfast will significantly help you in your weight loss goals. A bowl of good cereal will not only keep your metabolism healthy, but also help you eat less throughout the day.
- Avocados. True, these fruits are rich in fat, but they’re good fats. An avocado contains fats that are healthy for the heart and also induces satiety.
- Green tea. Good foods for weight loss doesn’t just mean solid foods; inclusion of healthy beverages in your diet will also help you lose weight fast. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and substances called catechins which enables the body to burn fat faster.
- Salmon. Like avocados, salmons also contain fats that are good for the heart. For weight loss, these fishes also are also rich in omega 3 fatty acids which increase the body’s sensitivity to insulin.
- Chiles. They don’t only spice up your dishes, but also your metabolism. Because chiles contain capsaicin, a compound which prompts thermogenic effect, the body is able to burn more calories even when at rest.
- Beans. These legumes do not only lower cholesterol but they also keep your blood sugar at a normal level. Beans are also good in suppressing the appetite, so you are less likely to indulge in a hearty meal afterwards.
- Lean beef. Having a good serving of lean beef is a good way to control your hunger pangs. The amino acid leucine found in lean beef helps build more muscles and lose more fat.
- Olive oil. Adding olive oil in your salad or simply sautéing your vegetables with this kind of oil will help you lose weight more than other types of oil. It is rich in monosaturated fats which can help speed up your calorie-burning process.
- Oats. Minimally processed oats are a good source of fiber. These are called “slow-release” carbohydrates and are ideally consumed at least three hours before a workout. Since they don’t spike your sugar levels, your body is likely to burn fat rather than store them.
- Blueberries. All berries are good, but blueberries are even better. They are high in antioxidants and a cup of them can give you at least 3 grams of fiber.
- Sweet Potatoes. A medium-sized sweet potatoes contains 4 grams of fiber. Sweet potatoes also help regulate blood sugar levels and prevents you from unceremonious cravings of snacks.
Going over the list, you will find that the good foods for weight loss do not necessarily have to be complex or expensive. Some of them can even be eaten raw or with little preparation. So stock up your kitchen now and start the year right with these super foods.